As St Mark's continues to re-open we welcome our church family as well as our entire community to join us for worship. Worship services are as follows: 8:30 & 11:00am Traditional worship in the sanctuary. 9:15am Contemporary worship in the Family Life Center (our large multi-purpose building)
In the last update from the bishop of the VA conference (7/30), the bishop highly recommended that everyone mask regardless of vaccination status in light of the increased cases of the COVID-19 Delta variant. When the community transmission in Botetourt County is no longer considered “high” we can remove our masks again. In the spirit of Christian brother and sisterhood and the abundance of caution, we are reinstating the following practices:
- - Wear masks while indoors.
- - Masked singing WILL be allowed-social distancing should help us here.
- - Encourage 6ft social distancing. Individual families are asked to keep appropriate spacing between themselves and other family groups if possible. (You may wish to consider attending the 830 or 915 worship services as social distancing may be easier.)
- - The sanctuary will be disinfected between the 830 and the 1100 service.
- - Masks are also required during outdoor activities unless proper social distancing can be maintained throughout the event.
- - Members of the praise band and others who are providing special music are able to sing without masks as long as they are an extended distance away from the congregation ie the stage in the FLC or the chancel in the sanctuary.
- - As always, if you have had any symptoms of COVID19 in the past week please do not come to worship. Our worship videos continue to post every Sunday at 830 on Youtube and Facebook.
We hope to be able to see everyone soon!
* * *
Join us this Sunday as we begin a brand new sermon series called All In!
When we face important decisions and opportunities in our lives, we often weigh the pros and cons. We often find reasons to avoid making changes and to keep doing things the same old way. But there comes a time when we must decide… are we going to play it safe or go all in?
EVERYONE is welcome in worship at St. Mark's!
For More Information about...